want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Currently have Gigabit with the new G3100 router and also TV One. Unfortunately, in my space, the wi-fi signal isn't strong enough, so i need a mesh/APs whatever. Instead of getting another system, i am hoping to replace the G3100 with my own router, and use the older G1100 (that i already purchased) for the TV One features.

Now, would that also function as a moca adapter (since it will be plugged in to the Coax network)? or do i need another Moca adapter? I realize this is Moca 2.0 versus the newer 2.5, but i am trying to salvage what i can.

See figure 3 for what i want to do.

Thanksimage1_gigabit_with_G3100_Simple_Setupimage2_gigabit_with_own_router_intermediateimage3_gigabit_with_own_router_Coax_backhaul

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?
charlyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it will become a Moca adapter so you can use the wcb6200q extender or a just another adapter at your end if you only need hard wire.

View solution in original post

Re: want to use my own Router - will G1100 work as a moca bridge AND for TV One functionality?
charlyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes it will become a Moca adapter so you can use the wcb6200q extender or a just another adapter at your end if you only need hard wire.

appDev
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for responding in both my threads - will try over the next few days and post a confirmation.

KrippledKracker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this is an older post, however I would like to know how this was implemented.  Specifically what settings were placed on the two routers to make this possible.