Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
weird secondary/alternate email address
admkshr
Enthusiast
I just got FIOS Internet a few weeks ago. I notice in my email settings that there is an alternate email address that I never created and I don't know how to delete. Is this something that occurs when Verizon creates your account, like a temporary name? When I go to the sub accounts section it only says I can add 9 sub accounts and there is no option to delete anything.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: weird secondary/alternate email address
jawilliams34661
Enthusiast
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well

View solution in original post

agent
Enthusiast

there is a way to delete that on the verizon central page, at the bottom of the page of the "My Account" section, PM me and i'll help you out 😉

0 Likes
jawilliams34661
Enthusiast
if it starts with vze or res it is verizons unique id for your account..it is what is primarly used to identify accts prior to haveing your actual email setup..since it is a uniqe identifier and it is possible to send a message to that id and can be used to login as well
admkshr
Enthusiast
Hi, thanks for the quick responses and the info. Yes it did start with vze or res, so as long as it is something legitimate by Verizon I guess I won't worry about it.
0 Likes