17 months to disc svc's if your concidering using Verizon for local or internet services OMG !
dsrobison

My home phone service was requested to be completely disconnected over 17 months ago. April-May 2010 that would include the internet access as well as the local service. The last billing reflected a $1.89 credit from in 2010. (I gathered someone would send it to me eventually, but since it was only 1.89 I wasn't concerned. )

However, last month I received an invoice for 8.07, much to my surprise but I wasn't concerned because I knew I didn't have local phone any longer, so it must be a company system generated error. I tried to call last month but couldn't find the phone number on the ebill anywhere. Then I received a invoice for $44.43 this month,  totally $52.50. This concerned me, So I persisted until I was able to find their phone number and reached a representative. 

Today when I spoke with Joshua, he advised that the internet rep when disconnecting the internet services put my local service on vacation status,  a temporary disconnect rather than a complete disconnect of services as I requested.

I was also told that in order to completely disconnect the svc  as I had originally requested he would need to reconnect the services and then I would have to call back tomorrow to place another disconnect order. When I questioned why I had to do this, he advised because he was off tomorrow and they didn't do things like follow ups to place the disconnect orders

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would have to wait 3-4 hours to get a call back from one, but she wouldn't be able to help me either. And then he told me when I call in tomorrow that they would transfer me to someone else who may or may not place the disconnect order concurrent with my original request.

This is unacceptable customer service, not only did someone screw this up, but now I have to take my time to follow up to get it disconnect over 17 months later. This is wrong on so many levels. Never mind the fact that I have to do the follow up for what wasn't done to begin with, but  I was told that I might be expected to pay the service fees.

One more thing that is very telling, and reflects that Verizon is screwed up, The vacation service is a temporarily suspend for min of 1 month and no more than 9 months. This was disconnect for 17 months. And Why wasn't a vacation service status noted on the credit invoices I have recieved.. 

If anyone can see there way to resolve this issue I will be amazed. What a way to do business.

Very dissatisfied as a former and never to be a customer again, 

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: 17 months to disc svc's if your concidering using Verizon for local or internet services OMG !
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dsrobison

That is very frustrating, I'm sure. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes