19 phone calls and multiple visits but job still not done
arlington2

Tech came out in December. Said he did a "temporary repair" and another tech would come out the next day to do a permanent repair.  The person never came.  Finally got another appointment and took a third day off. They did first part and said they'd finish the job next day.  They never came back (now four days off).  Multiple additional techs have come out, all saying they are the wrong techs to finish job.

I even got a call from a Verizon official in our area (Arlington, VA) saying he drove by our house since he received so many invoices from folks but the job was never done properly.  He said it was a routine job and he couldn't understand why Verizon was having so many problems.  He said he was frustrated but couldn't get the repair people to do this properly, so I should call as an "irate customer" to see if I could get any action.  I decided to remain polite and scheduled another appointment.  

I was told a basket truck would be coming to complete the repair. A tech in a van showed up instead.  He called dispatch from my house, and dispatch said I should stay home and a basket truck would come that day.  Again, no show.  I then arranged from a basket truck to come today (a Saturday).  Instead, Verizon sent the wrong tech, without a basket truck, to my house again yesterday.  Because the wrong tech showed up, they closed my order and told me to schedule yet another appointment.  Specifically, I was told that the basket truck operator would call me to schedule this appointment, hopefully this weekend  Instead, when I checked the in-home agent, I see they want me to take another day off on Monday (again noting that on none of the days I took off did Verizon ever send the right tech.)  So now, after 19 phone calls, hour after hour with Verizon people explaining the situation, and multiple days off of work, I'm at a loss.  It's the worst service experience for any company in any field that I've ever had.  

0 Likes
Re: 19 phone calls and multiple visits but job still not done
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: 19 phone calls and multiple visits but job still not done
arlington2

Thanks.  My concern is that I keep scheduling appointments, but Verizon keeps sending the wrong tech to my house.  For example, I'll speak to a supervisor who says he's sending a basket truck, but he sends a guy in a van instead so he can't do the work.  This has happened on multiple occasions.  I even reverted to using the in-home agent to schedule an appointment and specifically mentioning that this has happened time-after-time, and stating the importance of sending a tech with a basket truck on the next visit.  Instead, yesterday a guy with a van showed up and said he couldn't do the work. It's now been 19 phone calls, with discussions with supervisors and even a rep from dispatch, but they keep getting this wrong.  So simply scheduling another appointment or using the in-home agent doesn't seem like a productive strategy at this stage.  I appreciate advice on what to do. A Verizon official in Arlington actually told me to call as an "irate customer."  That's not my style and I won't do that since I'm sure that won't be productive.  But being patient and simply scheduling appointment after appointment doesn't work either.  Help, please!

0 Likes