3 Monthis in a Row! Verizon Bug adding Overage Charges to Phone Bill
gc118
Enthusiast - Level 2

3 months ago, I noticed an overage charge of around $40 on my bill due to me going over my World Plan minutes apparently. That seemed odd to me and I checked online and I had in fact not done so. I called in to Verizon and after review, the tech admitted that it appears that this was due to a bug in the system and gave me a credit. I asked why this occurred and she stated that it was simply a bug and to not worry, that it won't happen again.

Come last month...and same scenerio. $36 this time. I call in and the first tech tells me they will transfer me to troubleshooting, but then the line just disconnects. I call in again and this billing tech simply says that it was a bug and gives me another credit. She then proceeds to begin to try and sell me faster internet speed and Verizon's latest router. I ask why this is occuring and that I was told last month that it wouldn't happen again, and she transfers me to Tech Support. When Tech Support picks up, they say it is a billing issue and transfer me back. The tech in the billing department picks up, says "Hello? Hello?" twice quickly and hangs up.

This month...guess what? The same charges but for $22.
Ridiculous that these charges are being added and if I didn't look it over, it would not have been fixed. The customer support on top of it is even more ridiculous.

0 Likes
Re: 3 Monthis in a Row! Verizon Bug adding Overage Charges to Phone Bill
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gc118,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes