3 days without phone service -- customer service is very frustrating
emt4
Enthusiast - Level 1

We had FIOS installed about 2 weeks ago and phones seemed to work fine.  For the past 3 days we've had no phone service -- just dead air when picking up the phone, and fast busy or "cannot connect" when trying to call our phone number.  Verizon customer service has been beyond frustrating.  The reps have been friendly, but there is no follow-up when promised.  The first rep reset our box then transferred to service -- was told it would take 24 to 48 hours and that she would e-mail the ticket information.  No ticket information ever received.

I called this morning (day 3) to get a status update.  Spent over 30 minutes on the phone with the CSR, mostly just listening to him type back and forth with the network team.  He said it was taking a while so he would call me back within 30 minutes.  I'm still waiting.

Made my 3rd call to customer service tonight.  Spent another 30+ minutes on the phone and got nowhere.  Network team is still looking into it and will get back to me by tomorrow.

I ignored all the warnings about Verizon's poor customer service because their offer was so good.  But I'm almost ready to switch back to Dish Network; about the only thing stopping me is that our phone service would still be with Verizon so it wouldn't get me anywhere.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 3 days without phone service -- customer service is very frustrating
emt4
Enthusiast - Level 1

After speaking with numerous CSR's and being told a technician would have to come out next week, our problem is resolved.  Someone from the Network Team looked at the network configuration and found an issue.  He corrected this issue and we can now successfully make and receive calls.  He also made a note in case the issue happens again.

By the way, I discovered the Automatic Call Forwarding feature with digital voice.  I set this up, and all calls were automatically forwarded to my cell phone while our phone service was down; once our phones came back up this shut off automatically.  It's a great feature but I wish one of the CSR's would have mentioned it.

Thanks for your assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello emt

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
emt4
Enthusiast - Level 1

After speaking with numerous CSR's and being told a technician would have to come out next week, our problem is resolved.  Someone from the Network Team looked at the network configuration and found an issue.  He corrected this issue and we can now successfully make and receive calls.  He also made a note in case the issue happens again.

By the way, I discovered the Automatic Call Forwarding feature with digital voice.  I set this up, and all calls were automatically forwarded to my cell phone while our phone service was down; once our phones came back up this shut off automatically.  It's a great feature but I wish one of the CSR's would have mentioned it.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Likes
Osawa

Verizon suck! terrible service, terreble excuses for all the nonworking issues, and we spent numerus time and energy to the unfix issue and have to paid full service charge. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes