4 MONTHS W/O SERVICE! Empty promises, failed infrastructure and clueless cust. service!
Intrigue1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It all started in March when I got our landline service restored for a remote job.  Things were fine until the end of May, where the line all of a sudden took on a horrible loud humming/buzzing noise.  A about 10 days later, we scheduled for a technician to come out and look at it, and they "fixed" the issue.  The line was crystal clear until a thunderstorm that hit a week later.  The buzzing came back with a vengeance and wasn't connecting properly.

At first, we couldn't get any information but through automated messages were informed that this was an "area-wide" meltdown of some sort and that it was being repaired.  We knew that to be true because many of our neighbors were without service too - including some elderly without cell phones.  

Numerous calls to customer service (half of which were directed to someone in the Philippines that had no insight on a LOCAL issue) resulted in us being given a date in between 5-15 days in the future when we should expect repairs to be done.

End of June passes, nothing.  

July passes with at least 4 different dates promised for repair, nothing.

August passes with another 6 dates promised, nothing.  Just months of checking my phone line on the date and times I was told to be disappointed and frustrated.

Meanwhile, I've had to switch to working with my cell phone which isn't nearly as compatible with the call forwarding console for my job and so I've had many issues that have COST ME MONEY!

It is only in the past two weeks when I spoke to someone who actually decided to do something for me and get some answers from a supervisor and an area foreman since even though there was this massive blowout taking place for THREE WHOLE MONTHS, there were NO NOTES given as to what was going on and nobody could give me any information but just empty apologies and NEW DATES THAT WOULD PASS WITHOUT A WORKING PHONE!

I finally had someone come to my door right before labor day and promise everything would be repaired on the following Tuesday, which of course DIDN'T HAPPEN (9/3!!!!!!)

Another futile call to customer service had me listen to an empty promise of things working by September 9th.  

But the funniest thing is that all of that isn't the ultimate reason that I'm fed up.

I had a surprise visit by two technicians early this week that came to "fix" my phone service.  I sighed in relief hoping that my ordeal was over.

NOPE.

Why?  Because the same RIDICULOUS BUZZING that I experienced in MAY came back with a vengeance and made the phone line unusable.   It was so bad that one of the technicians said that the line "sounded like garbage".  So I was told that the whole line in the area was corroded and received another apology for failing to meet my expectations.  When I asked how long it would take to be rectified, I was given this answer.

"Probably MONTHS"

MONTHS!!?!?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I WAITED PATIENTLY FOUR WHOLE MONTHS TO BE TOLD TO WAIT EVEN MORE MONTHS FOR A DECENT TELEPHONE LINE?

WHY WASN'T THIS CORROSION ISSUE ADDRESSED BEFORE?

FURTHERMORE, I AM LIVID BECAUSE UNFORTUNATELY, VERIZON IS MY ONLY OPTION FOR MY LANDLINE SERVICE IN THIS AREA.  IF I HAD ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE (and for the record, VoIP has the same issues as cells so that's a moot point), I WOULD HAVE LEFT A LONG TIME AGO THAN TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS INEPTITUDE AND FOOLISHNESS.  I RESENT BEING PIGEONHOLED IN SUCH A SITUATION AND TO REITERATE, YOU'VE COST ME MONEY.  SORRY DOESN'T PAY MY BILLS AND THE "CREDITS" I HAVE ARE NOWHERE NEAR THE POTENTIAL MONEY I'VE LOST, SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH VERIZON!   Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Re: 4 MONTHS W/O SERVICE! Empty promises, failed infrastructure and clueless cust. service!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Intrigue,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: 4 MONTHS W/O SERVICE! Empty promises, failed infrastructure and clueless cust. service!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Intrigue,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance or ever have any other quetions please feel free to reach out to us in a new public post.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
Intrigue1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, I became tied up and then very sick, so I must've missed the updates via email.  I don't want to start another post with the same content as to be too redundant or considered "spam", so how do I go about getting another agent?

-Thanks

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your case has been re-opened. Please follow the instructions given above.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Intrigue, based on no response on your private support case, seems like everything is in working order for you. Please let us know if you ever need anything by making a new post.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes