sspicelove1

When I dial *77 its telling me the feature is not available for this services. I want to know why it not working .

0 Likes
Re: *77
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

What service do you have?  We have FIOS Digital Voice and there is no *77 listed.  I see *72, 73, 69, 57, 43, 44, 70, 31 32, 67, 82 and 75.  No *77 in the list, what is it supposed to do?

There is a Star Card Chart on page 24 of the User Guide:  https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf

0 Likes
solarain
Enthusiast - Level 2

*77 is Anonymous Call Reject that is supposed to block anonymous, unavailable, and private calls.

I've turned the function on and it doesn't seem to work on "Private" calls for some reason.

Regards.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

To the OP, do you have Fios Digital Voice?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@solarain wrote:

*77 is Anonymous Call Reject that is supposed to block anonymous, unavailable, and private calls.

I've turned the function on and it doesn't seem to work on "Private" calls for some reason.

Regards.

Lots of things it doesn't block.  Fundamental to the original system and I wish not carried over to FIOS DV.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

@TNS, Vonage did a much better job of blocking unknown or private numbers. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@jumpin68ny wrote:

@tns, Vonage did a much better job of blocking unknown or private numbers. 

My reason for mentioning the carry over to FIOS DV. Essentially verizon is using the same rules and system used on their POTS type phones, rather they implementing something better.

0 Likes