A question about FIOS recommended landline phone...I need one...
floridagator08

Hello -

I just has my phone/computer/TV Fios service installed. 

I see that the FIOS phone service includes many calling features.  I need to purchase a new landline phone & wonder is there a recommended model or type of phone to get?  Also...what local Tampa Bay area retailers will offer a good selection of landline phones?

Thank You

0 Likes
Re: A question about FIOS recommended landline phone...I need one...
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Any current traditional wired or wireless landline phone available at the local home store (Lowes, Home Depot) or electronics big box store (Best Buy, HH Gregg) or warehouse club (Costco, Sams Club)  will work with FiOS.   It's no different in that respect to traditional copper POTS service.

You should be able to shop for whatever phone has the handset features you find most appealing.

If you've subscribed to FiOS Voicemail and Caller ID services, then you likely don't need a phone with an answering machine and you should be sure to get on with caller ID and voicemail alert built in.

My last phone purchase was a Uniden 5.0ghz wireless base station with several add on handsets (you can add on as many as you need without needing additional wired outlets in the home).   But that's just what I found at a good price at the time.   There are lots of varieties and offerings.

0 Likes
Re: A question about FIOS recommended landline phone...I need one...
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

As the previous poster indicated, any type of residential phone will work.  

For recommendations you may want to check out a consumer magazine such as Consumer Reports or some web sites such as Best Buy has buyer recommendations when you click on a phone.  Personally we've had good luck with the Panasonic Cordless phones. 

0 Likes