Adding Phone Line to FIOS ONT
brianc92

Hi,

I recently moved and had our Verizon FIOS services installed at the new house.  Unfortunately when the technician came over I had not yet taken our cordless phones over to the new house.  They are typical cordless phones, a main base that has both a plug and a phone jack, and a second that is just a charging base.  I have looked online and believe the photo I have attached below is called on ONT, I opened it up this morning however I am unable to find anywhere to plug in the phone jack.  I'm sure this is just a simple fix but I feel like I'm missing something somewhere, any help would be appreciated!

imageOutside houseimageInside house

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding Phone Line to FIOS ONT
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That beige jacketed cable with the blue and white twisted wire lead somewhere into the house to a junction point that should have multiple wires that lead to phone jacks. Or it might lead into the house straight to it's own jack.  Look for some jacks in the house and plug in your phone. The picture inside the house is just the power adapter that powers up the outside  box(ONT). That won't have any connections for a phone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Adding Phone Line to FIOS ONT
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That beige jacketed cable with the blue and white twisted wire lead somewhere into the house to a junction point that should have multiple wires that lead to phone jacks. Or it might lead into the house straight to it's own jack.  Look for some jacks in the house and plug in your phone. The picture inside the house is just the power adapter that powers up the outside  box(ONT). That won't have any connections for a phone. 

0 Likes