Anonymous Call Rejection (*77) doesn't work
DK1231

When I dial *77 to tun on Anonymous Call Rejection (as per these instructions) I get a "we're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed" automated message. What's up with that Verizon? I'm a Fios customer.

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous Call Rejection (*77) doesn't work
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sounds like you might be fios digital voice, which I am pretty sure doesn't have the *77 feature, and instead you have to turn it on online by logging in with your verizon username and password at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice

once you log in and complete the start up wizard and hit finish, you'll have a lot of options on the left, and one is for calling features.  

Incoming call block is what you want, and then you will find anonymous call rejection in there.

to summerize, click the link above

sign in

finish the 2 question intro wizard thingy,

turn on your calling feature.

IF IT'S NOT fios digital voice, then you definetely need to do chat support by clicking contact us below, or calling verizon direct at 1-800 VERIZON so they can check your account.

0 Likes
DK1231

I don't get that Wizard you mentioned. When I try to login to that FIOS Digital Voice page you posted  I get a pop-up message "This system is provided solely for the use and convenience of Verizon’s customers  ... blah blah" and then it takes me back to this page: https://www36.verizon.com/FiOSVoice/GetFiOSVoice.aspx?SETTOPARENT=TRUE . It's like I'm not logged in, although at no point did it say I have an invalid account or don't have FIOS Digital Voice. It doesn't allow me to set anything. Annoying. I guess I'll reach out to one of your support people.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@DK123 wrote:

I don't get that Wizard you mentioned. When I try to login to that FIOS Digital Voice page you posted  I get a pop-up message "This system is provided solely for the use and convenience of Verizon’s customers  ... blah blah" and then it takes me back to this page: https://www36.verizon.com/FiOSVoice/GetFiOSVoice.aspx?SETTOPARENT=TRUE . It's like I'm not logged in, although at no point did it say I have an invalid account or don't have FIOS Digital Voice. It doesn't allow me to set anything. Annoying. I guess I'll reach out to one of your support people.

I just feel the need to point out here that they aren't "our" support people. They're Verizon's support people. This is a peer-to-peer support forum. The few Verizon employees that do post here are identified with "Employee" status and have a Verizon icon.

0 Likes
madgranny1

anonomous call rejection is a joke !  only works within your local call area so any scammer using toll free or other area codes can dial up a storm and nothing can be done.  if phone companies were losing money instead of making money from these maggots this problem would end!

0 Likes