Anonymous Call Rejection Ineffective
TimeVoyager
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I understand from answers to similar forum questions that anonymous call rejection primarily stops only calls when the caller has selected blocking display of their phone number, or entered the code to block caller ID just before the call. What I can't understand is why Verizon cannot block callers, as desired by recipients, where a caller ID number is not displayed. I'm getting calls that say "Anonymous," Unknown caller," Unavailable," or "Private Name / Private Number" are getting through several times per day everyday. These calls all should be blocked--period!--with only three exceptions: law enforcement, matters of national security, or from a protective shelter. Believe me, these calls from telemarketers, scammers, and other fraudsters are none of those. No one at Verizon ever bothers to explain their excuse for not doing this in the first place. It's a simple matter of programming telephone switches. They only say they "can't," but in this reasoning, they only mean they won't. 

This is my number one complaint about Verizon landline service. This is why we keep our phone on permanent answering machine. It is also driving us to use our cell phones (not Verizon) more and more. I can see us coming to the point when my family asks themselves, why bother with a landline. I used to work in telecommunications with a very successful, but small regional company. We were successful because we responded positively to reasonable requests. Our customer service was superior and blew away even large telecom competitors in our marketing area because we listened to customers and took action rapidly. This complaint about the ineffectiveness of anonymous call block has been going on for years for many customers. We resolved our caller technical issues in a matter of hours. 

Please improve "Anonymous Call Rejections"! 

Re: Anonymous Call Rejection Ineffective
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

set up DO NOT DISTRUB LIST, it is 100% working

0 Likes
TimeVoyager
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do Not Disturb is not a solution for telemarketers and scammers ignoring the Do Not Call list. What about the calls I do want to receive?

@manhattanNYC wrote:

set up DO NOT DISTRUB LIST, it is 100% working

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

Home Phone is use to be received and make the calls,  if you dont want it, cut off,  Verizon do not care it and hard to do anything for it.

0 Likes