Anonymous Call Rejection
cguchek1

I have ACR activated on my home phone but I keep getting calls with people trying to send faxes. I just got this phone number about 8 months ago when I moved into a new house and from what I can find on Internet, my number was the fax number of a local company who has since moved their business. These calls don't have a name or number on the caller ID. I believe I read that ACR only works in your local calling area. What can I do to stop these calls from coming through? Yesterday I received calls about every minute for quite a long time. It's really annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous Call Rejection
tns
Master - Level 2

What ACR covers is very specific and doesn't block Many annoying calls.

"Anonymous Call Rejection

You can use Anonymous Call Rejection to reject most phone calls from callers who have blocked the display of their telephone numbers for Caller ID. Anonymous Call Rejection does not block calls made to you from outside your local calling area or through operator assistance."

S

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous Call Rejection
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go to amazon.com and look up caller id managers   and you will find stuff that is hardware, you buy it, they ship it to you, and they are supposed to block EVERYTHING.   so that might work for you.

I don't own one, so I can't tell how well they work but read the reviews, and see if one fits your needs.

privacycorps  has a caller id manager for 99 bux that is supposed to do the same.   you may find less expensive ones at amazon though

0 Likes