Anonymous call block and digital voice
rkapischke

All,

I just upgraded to digital voice and am running into an issue with the anonymous call block feature.  It seems that after I enabled it, the anonymous call still rings through but doesn't show *anything* on the caller id.  The log on the phone doesn't even know the call came through.  If I check online, it shows a call came in from "unknown" with an "unknown number".  Shouldn't the call block actually block?

Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous call block and digital voice
Nicdi

I am having similar problems.  Two friends of mine have blocked numbers.  When they call me they hit *82 to get through but it shows up anonymous.  I am switching back , not worth the headaches.

0 Likes
Kaytea4

I am having the same problem. I also signed up to be able to block specific numbers but when I go to do it, it says, Im sorry and that I can't do it at that time.....

0 Likes
artan3rd

I had anonymous call rejection before switching to digital voice. We were told that by switching to digital, we will still have all of the features we had with the standard phone except that it will be cheaper.  When we switched, I tried to activate anonymous call rejection by dialing *77 but it says that the feature is not available!  Anyone else with the same problem?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
With digital voice you have to activate the feature online. Log in at www.verizon.com/fiosvoice and make sure it is enabled. If it is enabled then it should block most callers but can not block all calls. Typically long distance callers will get through and cell pone callers and some businesses. Also, take note: Anonymous call rejection blocks only calls from people who choose to block their Caller ID information. It does not block “unknown” or “out of area” calls. These calls come from people who did not block their Caller ID, but for whom the telephone network failed to transmit the Caller ID information. They can also be international calls. Those calls should rarely or never be telemarketers, as they are required to send Caller ID information
0 Likes