Assist please; Verizon won't port old phone number to FIOS landlines.
millenium
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had Vonage, just switched to FIOS Tripple play few days ago. Verizon won't port old phone number to FIOS  landlines, because my landlines number was an ATT number long time ago and prefix will not let them port it over. Can you please help, I can't change my old (18 years) land line number. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Assist please; Verizon won't port old phone number to FIOS landlines.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-VERIZON or live chat at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

First of all, know that we don't really own our phone numbers.  Porting has allowed us to move them around more than the old days, but sometimes you just can't keep it.

There are regulations regarding number porting including geographical limits for true telephone companies like Verizon.  If your old number was assigned by AT&T in a different location than where you are now, that could explain why it can't be ported.

If Verizon can't port your old number, you might want to consider keeping Vonage active at a low cost level or transfer to an even less expensive VoIP provider.

If you don't want to keep two services active, you could always put up a voice message on Vonage announcing your new number.  Then keep Vonage active for as long as you think you need it to let everyone know about your new number.

Good Luck.

millenium
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much. I had Vonage and Verizon on conference, but Verizon cannot even create port request because of the prefix not allowing them to.

0 Likes