Best way to Discontinue landline -> go from Triple Play to Internet + TV
annoyedinpa

I was quite happy to have my new service until I plugged in my phone and started receiving dozens of of unsolicited advertising calls per day.

I don't really need a landline, so there is no sense in paying more money for an unlisted number. I keep it unplugged now, and don't give out my landline number.

Considering how my landline has no value to me, are there any suggestions for the best way to get out of my Triple Play arrangement and ditch the landline service?Also, considering Verizon's lack of upfront transparency about the extra taxes and fees, I would like to minimize the revenue they get from me at the same time.

0 Likes
Re: Best way to Discontinue landline -> go from Triple Play to Internet + TV
frustratedwVerz

I cannot determine how to cancel our landline. We have the TriplePlay bundle but do not use the landline.  I have called Verizon multiple times, only to be on hold for up to 30 min before hanging up and cannot find the option online.  I'm ready to ditch Verizon all together if I cannot figure it out.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi frustratedwVerz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mommaof21

I have a similar question. We have our landline and internet through verizon. We want to get rid of the landline, but would like to keep the Internet and possibly add tv service instead. Would this be possible?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Really Best way is to call (1-800-verizon) .  Best to do so during norma business hours in case they need to reach billing department.

0 Likes