Bill Cramming Alert-Urgent
hotscot

Oh wonderful, discovered $200 of unaothorised charges on my bill last night. From an agency called USBI.

If that wasn't bad enough I had to suffer through the ill designed and infuriating 'customer service phone tree'

Then it took the agent over an hour to get this sorted. An hour! On a saturday evening dinnertime.

So today I called customer service again to get a block on 3rd party billing. (Which no one suggested last night!)

First agent. Poor english skills. No idea about 3rd part billing block.

Second agent. Poor english skills. No idea about 3rd part billing block.

Third agent. Poor english skills. No idea about 3rd part billing block.

Fourth agent. Poor english skills. No idea about 3rd part billing block.

Finally, demanded an agent in the US.

Finally found someone who knew what I was talking about who placed the block but onlt after a 'lecture' on how I must have given permission for 3rd parties to bill me. (Note to customer 'service' NO I DID NOT!

And why on earth is this not enabled by default?

And why on earth can't a customer not enable this online?

Presumably it's a lucrative service for Verison.

All these negative experiences. Can't wait to drop them and just use my cellphone.

0 Likes
Re: Bill Cramming Alert-Urgent
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Moved for greater exposure

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also in general for billing questions you need to call during business hours.  Never talked to anyone on the billing side who didn't appear to be a native American English speaker, although there probably are some.

0 Likes
hotscot

Lawerence..not sure if you actually moved it?

Anyway, I paid my Verizon bill, $50.00 and my online account says I have zero balance and I'm up to date.

Even so it still shows these unauthorised charges, (even though it says zero balance.)

Since the Verizon rep told me it had been taken care of do I just ignore these?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hotscot,

Your question would require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.  As previously mentioned, for billing issues, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes