Bill from CMR
ggilpuja2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a bill from CMR claims for a repair.  I got a bil for $673.37 (I wonder how they come up with numbers like this!).  I contractor hit the wire.  Prior to the job Miss Utilities marked everything.  Two techs that came by (got their names) and saw the marks said that since Miss Utilities had marked everything, I will NOT be responsible for the repair.  Nevertheless I got hit with this bill.  If I had been told I could be billed when the techs came to my house or I called for service, I would have investigated who was responsible for the damage, i.e., had Miss Utilities marked the wire correctly? Was the wire at the correct depth? According with NEC (National Electric Code) 830.47 underground broadband communication cable without safety conduit must be installed at least 18” deep and with conductive tape above. I can tell that when they buried the wire, both this time and the orginal wire that was hit, they were not buried 18” deep, probably less than 8”. I was present when both wires were buried.  Then I called Verizon, CMR is just a billing company, and NOONE can find any record whatsoever.  I was transfered to several department and no records.  Anyone has had a better luck??  Please help!  It seems search for this it is a common issue with Verizon.  If at the end I pay, I will cancel my service n the spot paying the cancellation.  There are so many options these days for this type of services and Verizon doesn't seem to care even after many years as a customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes