Billing Problem - Unauthorized Line
leverda

I am writing here because customer service on the phone is useless. On or about July 24, 2017, I ordered, over the internet, two cable cards for my Verizon FIOS service (I have no idea what the name of my plan is, I have phone, TV and internet). This was to install two Tivo boxes, to replace two FIOS boxes that I had. When the cards arrived and the Tivos were successfully installed, I called Verizon customer assistance, I believe on July 28, to get a carton to return the two FIOS boxes with. While speaking with the agent, she told me that if I committed to a two year term, my monthly charges would go down substantially. So I did this. Everything seemed fine until last Friday (August 11), when I opened a thin envelope I had received the day before from Verizon but had not opened that night. It contained a bill for a primary phone {edited for privacy}, for what purported to be the restoration of service of that number on 7/29. I assumed this was some sort of fraud, that someone had set up a new phone account but had somehow charged me for it. So I immediately called customer service which said that they could not figure out what was going on. While speaking to customer service, I calledl this number from my cellphone and to my shock a second phone line in my house rang (we have two-line phones but discontinued the second phone number years ago when our children moved out and we all got cellphones, but we kept our two-line equipment). And {edited for privacy} had not been our second phone line years ago when we had two lines, so there was nothing to "restore." I told the customer service rep to cancel this second line immediately and to cancel the bill, since I had not ordered this second phone line (no idea how this happened). She said she would but that, for some reason, this was "difficult" and she would have to speak to FIOS technicians to do it. Well, two days later the second line is still not canceled. I am posting to this forum with the hope that someone at Verizon will see it and take steps to cancel this phone line, and also to establish a written record at the earliest opportunity that I never ordered this line and am not going to pay any bill that I receive for it (since there is no way to email Verizon customer service that I have been able to discover). So hopefully someone will be able to take care of this since customer service so far has not been able to. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Problem - Unauthorized Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi leverda,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes