Busy greeting does not play when I am on another call
Caeserp
My busy greeting does not play when I am on another call. My regular greeting plays. I called verizon and they gave me some **bleep** about how that feature doesn't work if you have call waiting. It USED to work for me and why do they promote it as a dfeature with their Freedom Essentials package that comes with call waiting? Does anyone know what is going on? I need this feature to work for me.
0 Likes
Re: Busy greeting does not play when I am on another call
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your regular greeting is playing because technically, when you have Call Waiting, your line is not busy when you are on another call. If you want the busy greeting to play you must temporarily disable Call Waiting and "busy" your line by dialing *70 before you dial the number you are calling. *70 is a feature called Tone Block and is part of the Call Waiting feature. The catch is that incoming calls will go directly to the busy greeting and you will not hear a Call Waiting tone or be able to answer those calls. *70 deactivates when you hang up the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Busy greeting does not play when I am on another call
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2
Also in the cases of incoming calls or if you place a call and forget to dial *70, in many states you can use 3 way calling to click over and dial *70 to activate Tone Block while on a call. You will hear 3 short confirmation tones and will then be returned to your other call. HOWEVER, do this with care because in some areas there will be a charge for using the 3 way calling if you do not have a monthly subscription to it. In other states Verizon will permit you to use 3 Way solely for the purpose of activating Tone Block without a charge. So check to see what the rules are where you are beforehand.
0 Likes