Call Block - supposed to block local numbers?
ooblick

So what gives?  I'm being harrassed by one phone number with the same area code as mine, with 10 to 12 calls PER DAY.  So I signed up for call blocking and tried to use it.  The little voice told me that the number was unavailable to block.  So what gives? 

0 Likes
Re: Call Block - supposed to block local numbers?
ooblick

Tried a few other local numbers and they don't work either, and neither does an 800 number I tried to add.  So exactly what DOES this "service" do?

0 Likes
Re: Call Block - supposed to block local numbers?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Call+Block/Call+Block.htm

Call Block

You can use Call Block to automatically block incoming calls using a screening list that you create. Call Block will reject calls from phone numbers that match those on your Call Block list. Your Call Block list is limited to either 6 or 12 numbers, depending on your region.

When a blocked caller reaches your telephone number, they will hear a recording saying you are not presently accepting calls. You can temporarily deactivate Call Block or change your Call Block list at any time.

Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.

All calling features are subject to availability and compatibility restrictions.
0 Likes
Why No Call Block?
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why is call block no longer available??  Our last digital phone provider, AT&T, had that feature and I loved it.  WE WANT CALL BLOCK, even if it cost extra!

Is there anyway to block calls?  Can we at least, currently, block calls where the caller ID is "Unavailable"?

0 Likes
Re: Why No Call Block?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Call intercept can be used for unidentified numbers, so they aren't put through.

0 Likes
Call Intercept
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ElizabethS wrote:

Call intercept can be used for unidentified numbers, so they aren't put through.

I clicked the link and read what was available but did not yet try to call the number.  I understand that I will have to do a *87 to turn off blocked caller ID call blocking.  Will "Call Intercept" take care of that two.  Can you give me more information about what the service can do for us please?

0 Likes
Re: Call Intercept
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry, but as a forum moderator, I only have access to the public information pages. For more details I would call customer service and ask them what the service includes. There is also the Call Block that Hubris mentioned.

0 Likes
TEM3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Setting up Call Intercept The first time you use Call Intercept, call toll-free 800-527-7070 from the phone that has Call Intercept and follow the voice prompts to set your security PIN. After you set your security PIN, you can call into the system from any phone to make changes to your Call Intercept settings.

OK, I followed the instructions and called the number above.  After I entered my phone number as requested, the computer told me "You are not subscribed to any advanced phone services". 

I see no way to add anything to my phone service.  Does this mean is is unavailable to me??  If not, will this kind of thing ever be available??

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Call customer service. That is likely the quickest way to sort it out. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anonymous Call Block *77 with your called id as long as it has the ACB in with it (most do, but check ur bill)

and you can block "unknown" , "private" , or "anonymous" callers for free, with the CID.

Call blk is just as described prev to me. So i wont go into it.

Call intercept does the same thing ACB does. Difference is price. (one comes w CID and one has extra chrg)

I'd say call into cust care if you cant manage it from the verizon.com site. 800-483-4000

If its not working after its been placed, contact repair 800-483-1000

Anymore questions, just ask!

Hope this helps

-K

0 Likes