Call Blocking On A Schedule Never Functions Correctly?!
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I have call blocking set to run every day from 6:30 AM until 9:15 AM to stop telemarketers from waking up my wife that works until 2AM, but it seems to chose if and when it turns off on it's own, or selectively block some calls and not others after it is supposed be off.  I do have numbers set that can call no matter if it is on or off, these aren't the numbers I am referring to.  Wednesday our dentist tries calling from 10AM until 5PM and they were dumped into the standard greeting that we weren't taking calls at the time, yet it should have been turned off.  Even though they were blocked we received calls from other people during that time.  Any known reason this is happening?  It has been going on for months, so it just didn't start.  I have to look at the call logs to see if we missed a call because of it.  I would love to just be able to turn it off but we calls from "Rachel" at card services or the new one "You have won a $10 Walmart Card, just give us your credit card number to process it."  And these  spam calls constantly change their numbers, so they can't be blocked individually.

Help?

0 Likes
Re: Call Blocking On A Schedule Never Functions Correctly?!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about the problems with the call block not working correctly. I have sent you a private message to get more information.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I appreciate it, funny thing we have the Do Not Disturb set to turn off at 9:15 Am and it stayed active blocking 20 Unavailable calls until 10:40 AM, so it was good it didn't turn off, we are so tired of all the calls with no phone number to identify them, just Unavailable.  I usually let my fax machine get them.

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

We received correspondence back from our developers and they advised that there is a know issue with the scheduler where it doesn’t turn features such as do not disturb on and off at the desired times.  They are working on a fix but cannot currently provide a timeline as to when it will be fixed.  They advised additionally that you can still use the star code of *78 to turn on do not disturb and *79 to turn it off. 

In response to the unavailable calls that are coming through. There is a feature called anonymous call rejection that you should also be able to turn on through the FiOS Voice account manager site.  This feature is supposed to block calls that don’t show their info. Let us know if you have any additional question or concerns that we may be able to address for you.

Mark

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you, if I activate DND from the handset does it still allow the numbers I have in the list to get through?

Also, I have always had the ACR turned on, but in the past it never stopped calls with Unavailable/Unavailable in the CID from getting through, that is why I set DND on a schedule.  If this has changed it would be welcome, but ACR has only blocked Private or blocked numbers in the past.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

ACR only works for calls where people have blocked their number. THAT is a known fact!Smiley Mad

Businesses where they can modify their CID information to make it where it is UNavailable or shown to be in an area that does not provide the data, slip right through. Companies screw with that ALL THE TIME. SO ACR IS WORTHLESS!Smiley Frustrated

I switched to digital voice and the list of blocked numbers could not be long enough because of this ACR issue. So have the developers work on THAT.

kouya
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Adam_VZ wrote:

We received correspondence back from our developers and they advised that there is a know issue with the scheduler where it doesn’t turn features such as do not disturb on and off at the desired times.  They are working on a fix but cannot currently provide a timeline as to when it will be fixed.  They advised additionally that you can still use the star code of *78 to turn on do not disturb and *79 to turn it off. 

In response to the unavailable calls that are coming through. There is a feature called anonymous call rejection that you should also be able to turn on through the FiOS Voice account manager site.  This feature is supposed to block calls that don’t show their info. Let us know if you have any additional question or concerns that we may be able to address for you.

Mark

What's the update from the developers? This problem has been going on for years  I would like Verizon to stop calling them issues because they are posted to the community from customers that have problems.

0 Likes