Call Forwarding set up?
hiester

Is it really possible that in the year 2011 I cannot set up call forwarding for my home land line from the account section of My Verizon web site? I have to physically be at home and do it on my phone? 

What is this, 1950? 

0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding set up?
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
Hello hiester,

The only way to set up call forwarding away from home is if you have Fios Digital Voice. This will allow you to change several features online. The link below will provide more information.

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding set up?
hiester

And what is it that is so special about FIOS (which is not available where I live) that only FIOS features can be managed online? Last time I checked, all the bits travel over TCP/IP and a web site is a web site. It doesn't make any sense in business or consumer or technical terms that I can't set up call forwarding for my home phone through a web interface. I guess you have trained hamsters pulling mechanical switches in the Central Office for those of us who are still on copper.

0 Likes