Call blocking
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I figured out how to do this, but seems like it should be easier.

You should be able to see the incoming call history and select from those to directly add to blocked call list, but you cant. It is quite manual.  Also, i dont like how it says change settings.  It should say 'Add new numbers'.  It was confusing to say the least. It needs work.

In future, i want to just see those calls listed and show the number where the call is from instead of hovering to see it and then i want to click it and add to my blocked list. Maybe that is how it will be in the future. That would be better than manually typing the numbers in one by one and  clicking that change settings button to add the numbers.  Definitely needs some work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call blocking
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

i just go to missed calls or voice mails then i right click and can select block caller..then it takes me to another screen where i add that number to the list of blocked callers.  That is better than adding them in manually.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are talking to peers here. 

Not sure which service you have but at least some, e.g. FIOS phone service, have a website that can do exactly what you suggest. For that service you do have to hover to see the number but you don't have to enter the number manually to the block list.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I have Fios and on it i have call blocking. I dont know any other way except adding it manually on the website.  If there is, please list steps and more detail than just "I think...".  I had to click on change settings and then add it. I want a faster way to add these annoying callers.

I dont like the 'change settings' thing. It should say' add number'. i almost didnt click 'Change settings' because i was looking for something that said 'Add number'.  

You said something about hovering, but not sure what u are talking about and seems like you are unsure too so I think the manual add is the only option (on the site of course).

"Talking to peers"  .. ok, yeh, but verizon emps come in here too to review. So talking with vz custs and also vz emps.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Current one of those forced to Frontier FIOS, so can't try the step by step.  But was very simple in the past.  From the list of callers just click on the caller you want to block, and one the options was to add caller to blocked caller list.   You can block up to 100 callers this way. 

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

i just go to missed calls or voice mails then i right click and can select block caller..then it takes me to another screen where i add that number to the list of blocked callers.  That is better than adding them in manually.  

0 Likes
Re: Call blocking ("out of area" calls)
audiofixer

I hope and pray someone can help me with this.  I have a wireless Panasonic phone and I block some numbers with it.  Works fine.  However, some calls are shown as "out of area", and the caller is automatically disconnected. Panasonic tells me that messgae is from Verizon (I have a land line only), and not from the Panasonic phone.

How can I contact Verizon to change this? My friends ijn Europe cannot reach me.

0 Likes
Re: Call blocking ("out of area" calls)
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi audiofixer,

Please be advised that this is a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak to a Verizon representative, then please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
toby72
Enthusiast - Level 3

You think that's bad, it is 2019 and I just figured it out also. Some of us are really slow.

I keep a list of who calls and when, who calls again and when, then I know which phone numbers can be removed from the list so I can add more numbers. I am using the full 200 numbers available, the system is working really well. Is this blog still alive?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes