Caller ID Not showing right when I call
sbamford13

How do I get my information to display correctly when I call someone?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID Not showing right when I call
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well a couple things. 

Check your phone number caller ID info and how it displays at www.tnid.us

If it displays correctly, then try to think about who see's your name incorrectly.  Are they verizon customers, or comcast, maybe even put their numbers in the same website and see if you notice that it's one company only versus another?

if it's verizon to verizon calls that are messing up, then you should call in and have them fix it.

If it's Verizon to another company, then your friend needs to call and have his company update their records.

0 Likes
sbamford13

Interesting that we need to make the calls.  I know someone who got a new phone through cablevision and the caller ID is correct.  Seems this is something that Verizon needs to run an update to send the correct data.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon doesn't send the data, they retrieve it on calls made to their customers (just like the other carriers do) 

The other company buys or maintain's their own database, and they are responsible for retrieving the information.

If Verizon has a bad database issue, it will show when you call other verizon callers.  If it shows, then yes, verizon needs to fix that. 

0 Likes