Caller ID ?
RBS

I had FIOS installed at my home yesterday. I was supposed to get Verizon Freedom Essential for my phone service. I connected a caller id display that I had bought used. My wife called the home number from her cell phone. The caller id did not display anything. Tried it on a different phone in the house. The caller id did not display anything.

I tried calling the Verizon technical support (1-800-837-4966) yesterday evening. I was put on indefinite hold, so I eventually hung up. I called technical support again this morning and was put on indefinite hold, so I hung up.

At this point I do not know if caller id display I have works - I did buy it used. I also have no way of knowing if my phone services are working - I can't get through to anyone on Verizon's technical support number.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID ?
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

You could test your Caller ID box at a friends/neighbours house?

As far as contacting Verizon. Either stop hanging up and wait to get someone on the line or try the online chat using the SUPPORT tab above.

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID ?
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

After going with Verizon phone service I fould I had no voice mail.  I called customer service and the guy I talked to didn't realize that when he takes an order for phone service he needs to enable the voice mail himself.  A supervisor had to tell him. ( I guess that was true of the person who took my order as well.)  Could it be it's the same story with caller ID?  Takes a command at a terminal to enable the service...? 

Let us know when you get it fixed, ok?

0 Likes