Callerid stopped working on landline cordless, works on STB - called 3 times, still no callerid
Whateverman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It worked about a month ago. I see the correct phone number on the set top box, so that part is working. I tried a new cordless phone, didn't work. Called support three times, did all the things they told me to, disconnected all other phones, they did some back end things. I opened up the phone jack to check the wiring - ordered a new phone jack but that's probably not the problem. Tried resetting the ONT, and also took out the battery and unplugged. It still just says incoming call on the phone display. I'm at my wits end. I just want callerid to work on the cordless phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Callerid stopped working on landline cordless, works on STB - called 3 times, still no callerid
Whateverman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So it just magically came back about a week and a half after I posted this. I did nothing, called no one, just resigned myself to it not working as I tried pretty much everything. I'm glad it works, but geez, what the heck is going on in the background Verizon?

Now I'm wondering if I switch to a newer wall jack - the old one is falling apart - if it's going to break it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Callerid stopped working on landline cordless, works on STB - called 3 times, still no callerid
Whateverman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So it just magically came back about a week and a half after I posted this. I did nothing, called no one, just resigned myself to it not working as I tried pretty much everything. I'm glad it works, but geez, what the heck is going on in the background Verizon?

Now I'm wondering if I switch to a newer wall jack - the old one is falling apart - if it's going to break it.

0 Likes