Calling Canada?
MommyDiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know if thre is something special I need to do to place a call to Canada from my home phone?  I was told not by the customer service, but I have had this darned service since late March and STILL cannot get a call to g through.  I have the Freedom Essentials which says I have unlimited long distance calling including Canada and Puerto Rico, so what's up???  I am tired of having to ask my Canadian friends to call me ( and sort of embarrassed).

I never had this issue with my previous carrier (or any of the other issues - such as simply trying to pay my bill online).  Big hassle.

Any tips to make this easier would be very appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calling Canada?
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hi there. 

I'm really sorry that you have been having this trouble for so long.  We will get this going for you.  I have a few questions:

1)  Are you able to call long distance here in the U.S?

2)  How are you dialing out?  (should just be 1+Area Code+number)

3)  What happens when you call?  Dead Air, Fast Busy, Recording?  

Please post responses and we will get this working for you.  

View solution in original post

VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hi there. 

I'm really sorry that you have been having this trouble for so long.  We will get this going for you.  I have a few questions:

1)  Are you able to call long distance here in the U.S?

2)  How are you dialing out?  (should just be 1+Area Code+number)

3)  What happens when you call?  Dead Air, Fast Busy, Recording?  

Please post responses and we will get this working for you.  

MommyDiva
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI Brian (MommyDiva here - I couldn't get the Forum to allow me to log back in for whatever reason, so I came in another way).

My service is actually working now - perhaps the previous calls prior to my vacation more than a month ago and during this time finally worked it out?

I will answer the questions anyway just in case it helps someone else that encounters the same issue.

1.)  Yes, I have been able to call around the US long distance.

2.)  Exactly as you mentioned - I am dialing 1+area code-number

3.)  I would get a variety of things - the fast busy or a recording telling me my call could not be completed as dialed or a few other odd messages.  Until this afternoon, I have been unable to have my calls to Canada connect - all US long distance was fine.  The main number I wanted to call was fine - and I had no issues calling Canada until I switched from Comcast to Verizon.  I thought perhaps I was supposed to dial differently and just didn't know it.  🙂

I appreciate your quick response and willingness to help me.  If you fixed my issue - thank you.  Otherwise thank you for being ready to fix it.  🙂

0 Likes