Can Not Be Called
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a Verizon customer in Montgomery County Pa. I have a copper land line and DSL and I can not be called from some Verizon FiOS customers (they get a recording to check the number and try again). I have reported this to Verizon and had one of the FiOS customers report the trouble also. I never receiver a answer from Verizon and the trouble ticket was closed out. The FiOS customer was told by Verizon to use her cell phone to call me. Has anyone else had this problem.

0 Likes
Re: Can Not Be Called
tns
Master - Level 2

Did you post in multiple forums?

If they are using FIOS Digital Voice, they may have forgotten to include the area code in their dialing. For FDV its needed even for local calls.

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they are using the area code. Also these are people how originally were Comcast triple play customers and kept their number when they switched to FiOS.

0 Likes
PMontague86

I'm in York county and having the same issue. I can make outgoing calls but my roommate called my cell phone and said he's tried calling our house number, as well as a friend's house who also has Verizon landline. He described it as giving a "weird busy signal"

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@PMontague86 wrote:

I'm in York county and having the same issue. I can make outgoing calls but my roommate called my cell phone and said he's tried calling our house number, as well as a friend's house who also has Verizon landline. He described it as giving a "weird busy signal"

That's different then what the OP said, or at least implied.  He said others couldn't reach him (outgoing) on their fios phones, and it was suggested they use their cell phones instead.

Unclear if the problem is with the others fios Phone, or some sort of interconnect between phone systems in the Verizon network.

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 2

People who can not call me also say it is not your normal intercept message they hear. I believe there is a routing problem in the Verizon network. When I originally tried to report his issue back in March I was told by Verizon repair that they could not take the report and to have the FiOS customer report the problem which I did. The FiOS customer reported the trouble (not being able to call me) and after several days was told that since they could call me from their cell phone that to continue to do that (very poor resolution). In May after learning of another person (FiOS customer) could not call me I called Verizon repair and convinced them to open a trouble ticket. I never received a answer to that report and checking online the trouble ticket was closed out. This past week I had another person (who recently switched to FiOS) tell me they could not call me from there home phone (which they could before the switch) and now had to use their cell phone to contact me. Since Verizon is out on strike I felt it was useless to report the trouble again (after all it didn't do any good to report it before the work stoppage).

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Another weak possibility.  Do you perhaps have anonymous call blocking active?  And do your callers have all call blocking on? 

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another weak possibility ??

No I don not have anonymous call blocking active ... in fact I have the problem whether it is on or off. Also I believe anonymous call blocking only effects incoming calls not outgoing calls.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@112103 wrote:

People who can not call me also say it is not your normal intercept message they hear. I believe there is a routing problem in the Verizon network. When I originally tried to report his issue back in March I was told by Verizon repair that they could not take the report and to have the FiOS customer report the problem which I did. The FiOS customer reported the trouble (not being able to call me) and after several days was told that since they could call me from their cell phone that to continue to do that (very poor resolution). In May after learning of another person (FiOS customer) could not call me I called Verizon repair and convinced them to open a trouble ticket. I never received a answer to that report and checking online the trouble ticket was closed out. This past week I had another person (who recently switched to FiOS) tell me they could not call me from there home phone (which they could before the switch) and now had to use their cell phone to contact me. Since Verizon is out on strike I felt it was useless to report the trouble again (after all it didn't do any good to report it before the work stoppage).

Please note, I have copied your post to an employee monitored board.  As soon as an agent is available, they will reach out for more information. 

0 Likes