Cannot Port frozen number
winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi All... I am at my wits end. I have attempted to un-freeze my landline for porting now for over a month. I have 5 confirm numbers of attempts to do this. Basically, my number gets un-frozen and then, over night re-frozen.  The reps are stymied. I have asked them to check the next day and call me.  I have been un-successful at that.  One rep told me that she would put in an IT request to get it fixed. 1 week later I called to get a status and was told that I needed to do a third party id verification. OK... the verification asked who I was, and then said if I agreed to not remove, but to add a freeze to my account.  So..... how do I get this done? My house is elevated as we speak as a result of Sandy... I have no landline service there. Help please? Thanks  Mitch

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Port frozen number
winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks all... After 6 weeks of trying, the rep that I last dealt with got my number un-frozen. The rep who responded from my issue on this forum confirmed. Nice....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Frozen to Verizon?  Porting From, porting to? 

Note mostly Peers here, although a Verizon Admin might step in seeing as you are having problems and are already dealing with several levels of Verizon support.

0 Likes
winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, I know... wondering if someone else has seen this as well.  Thanks.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi winter208,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

The billing number will not work as it is dead now.. Thanks very much!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you file a porting complaint with the FCC, both carriers involved in the port will be required to document the issue to the FCC.  It will take some time, but it should get your number released.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Good Luck.

winter208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks all... After 6 weeks of trying, the rep that I last dealt with got my number un-frozen. The rep who responded from my issue on this forum confirmed. Nice....

0 Likes