Cannot listen to voice mail on my mac -- javascript error on window.navigator.cpuClass.toLowerCase()
sddj

When I click on the icon to play the voice mail from the voice mail message list, I get a JavaScript error and the window just freezes.  The debugger points to line 125 in VoiceMailPlayer.aspx where it tries to lowercase the cpuClass attribute of the window.navigator object.  Unfortunately, on Safari 5.1.2 and Firefox 8.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.2, the cpuClass attribute is undefined.

Anyone know of a workaround for this?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot listen to voice mail on my mac -- javascript error on window.navigator.cpuClass.toLowerCa
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I havent heard of others with the same trouble. Are you up to date on your version of Java?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot listen to voice mail on my mac -- javascript error on window.navigator.cpuClass.toLowerCa
sddj

Yes, all software updates applied.  Java version is here:

java version "1.6.0_29"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_29-b11-402-11M3527)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02-402, mixed mode)

0 Likes
sddj
From Safari's Developer Toolbar:
function GetBrowser(){
var agt=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();
var ops=window.navigator.platform.toLowerCase();
var cpu = window.navigator.cpuClass.toLowerCase();
VoiceMailPlayer.aspx:125TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'window.navigator.cpuClass.toLowerCase')
if( ((agt.indexOf("msie") != -1) && (agt.indexOf("netscape") != -1))){return "NetscapeIEEngine";}
From Firebug in Firefox:

window.navigator.cpuClass is undefined
VoiceM...er.aspx (line 125)
From what I have googled, the cpuClass attribute is ONLY supported on IE.

0 Likes
HFTobeason

Same problem here.  Doesn't work on Chrome either.  OSX 10.7.2, Safari 5.1.2, Java 1.6.0_29.  FIX THIS!!!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for the information. I will bring this to the attention of the web developers to get to the bottom of it.

0 Likes
sddj

This issue is fixed.  The code was changed to check that cpuClass is set before lowercasing it.  I can hear voice mail on my Mac with Safari now.

0 Likes
fcas014

I still cant listen to my messages, what did you do?

0 Likes
photomom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need to know how to fix this too.  It is an on going problem and I always have to get a new java download.  Not it isn't working at all

0 Likes
photomom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

The exact same thing is happening to me.  Lots of Java downloads and now not working at all.  Java is probably taking up a lot of space on my computer now

0 Likes