Checking account charged twice for payment to Verizon
BambiVA

I usually pay my bill over the internet. This most recent month I realized my checking was charged twice for the same payment. Which did cause my checking account to be come overdrawn. Thank Goodness my bank did pay the checks but they charged me the overdraft fee of 32.00 which is set by the bank. I called Verizon and advised them I was transferred to another department. I spoke to customer service where she could see I was given credit twice for the same amount. I told her I would like the the bank charges credited also. She gave a email of things I need to do. And fax the information to them response after that. I don't know if they received the fax or not.

Looks like metrocast for phone service here I come since Verizon does not offer internet service for my area.Terrible customer service!!!

0 Likes
Re: Checking account charged twice for payment to Verizon - Define Your Arrangements
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@BambiVA wrote:

I usually pay my bill over the internet ... my checking was charged twice for the same payment. Which did cause my checking account to be come overdrawn ... they charged me the overdraft fee of 32.00 which is set by the bank ...

First let me advise that this forum is user-oriented and we are all essentially in the same boat.  You will not be able to resolve your issue without direct contact with Verizon Communications.

Having said that, your terminology is a bit unclear.  Do you personally make payments "over the internet" through your bank or on the MyVerizon pages?  Or instead have you established automatic payments through Verizon Communications?

If you yourself make payments and you paid the same month twice by mistake, then the overdraft charge is legitimate and does not concern Verizon.  If however Verizon made a second charge through their own automatic payment system for the same month, then you should indeed be reimbursed by Verizon for any and all bank fees incurred.

I caution that I have not read the complete terms of service for Verizon automatic payment systems (even though I use the service for my accounts).  I recommend that you read them so that if Verizon is indeed to blame, you will have a strong case when you speak directly with them.