Complaint about Verizon's bad customer service
WendyRose1

I have just moved apartment and I registered Verizon's moving service online. I made careful comparison of the services I am using and other options. I made sure there was Verizon World Plan 500 in the new address since I have to make a lot of international phone calls. Everything was in there before I clicked on place order. My mistake I did not check the email confirmation again since I trusted that I already checked before placing order. Then I made a lot of international phone calls from my new address. 

Then I started to receive huge bill. I called customer service to ask about the bill and why there was strange items on my bill such as world plan 500 removed (-2$) and fios digital voice unlimited added (2$). I was explained that Verizon mistakenly charged prorate on international calls because of my moving, so she would issue a credit for me but it took a week for approval. She did not say anything about world plan 500 was not there. After about a week I called back and was informed that the credit was not approved and that the world plan 500 was not in my new address. I made several calls to customer services and were told that verizon customer service is not responsible for online orders. Then who is responsible for solving issues of online orders? 

At my request, the representative added world plan 500 for me and informed me that it was $20 with $5 discount. But when I received email confirmation (this time I checked very carefully). I noticed that the discount on the internet was automatically removed and my bill now looked different. The representative did not inform me about the billing change or the removal of internet discount. He himself might not know that either. So I quoted this case as an example of how different it could be from what you expect when you place an order to when it actually comes out at Verizon. I thought it was funny because I added international phone service, and I have a discount for internet removed uninformed. I made a complaint again about this and was answer by Maria, employee ID {edited for privacy} who was based in Arizona that they could not do any thing about the removal of internet discount in my bill. I was amazed and told her that for any other business, it is not fair for customers to be charged differently from what they expected or are told to expect at the time of order. It is like when you buy something, you need to know how much it costs before you buy it. But I was told by Maria that it is how it works at Verizon. You just don't know when you place the order. If this is the case, then I think it is a big problem and it is totally against consumers' rights. At least consumers need to know the price before making purchase decision. 

All in all, I am really disappointed at Verizon customer service. 

0 Likes
Re: Complaint about Verizon's bad customer service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint about Verizon's bad customer service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey WendyRose,

Weclosed your case. It seems like all of your questions have been answered, since we have have not heard from you in your private support case. If you ever need anything, please feel free to make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes