Contact Synchronization
tombon22

I installed the FiOS Digital Voice synchronization ActiveX control without any problem.  I would like to sync my contacts with my Outlook 2007 data.  But it fails when I run it.  I get the message “Invalid Credentials.  Please relaunch the synchronization client and try again.”

0 Likes
Re: Contact Synchronization
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey tombon22, in order to sync your verizon e-mail address to Outlook.  You have to open Outlook click on Tools then select Account Settings and while on the E-mail tab click New to start the e-mail setup wizard.  You must select 

Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP; then fill out Auto Account Setup window; choose Internet E-mail from the E-mail Service window.  In the Internet E-mail Settings window make sure the incoming server is set to incoming.verizon.net and the outgoing server is outgoing.verizon.net if its a regular verizon e-mail but if you have a verizon yahoo then its imcoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net don't forget tocheck remember password once you know the password is correct.  You click on the More Settings button in the Internet E-mail Settings window click on the Outgoing Server tab then click in the box where it says My outgoing server requires authentication and click on the OK button to save your changes.  When you come back to Add New E-mail Account window click on the Test Account Settings button and it should unless the password is incoreect or Outlook has a problem. 

0 Likes
tombon22

Ron,

Thank you so much for your reply.  Perhaps I should have mentioned that I have already set up Outlook and have been using it for a while.

It is a regular Verizon email setup.  All the settings are the same as you suggested including the Outgoing Server tab on the Internet E-mail Settings.  On that screen I have checked the box which says "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".  Below that I selected the radio button which says "Use same settings as my incoming mail server."

I am using MS Outlook 2007, but I assume that should not be a problem even though it is not specifically listed on the synchronize software page.

Any other suggestions?  It seems like a great feature and I would love to get it to work. 

-Tom

0 Likes
SSMD

I'm having the same problem.  Emailed Verizon twice for a solution, but have not heard back yet.

0 Likes
tombon22

Hello?

Is there anyone who got this feature to work?

0 Likes
SSMD

Called Verizon - After waiting on hold for 25 minute -  gave them my cell phone as a backup number.  Before I even got to my question, they ran a test and I was disconnected.  Never received a call back and didn't have 25 more minutes to waste. 

0 Likes
tombon22

...so i installed Outlook 2010.  Perhaps that might work?

Nope.

0 Likes
tombon22

Has ANYONE successfully synchronized their contacts with Outlook?

0 Likes
gman01904
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not successfully synced my contacts with Outlook yet. To me it seems like any contacts that I enter to Outlook on my computer, they sync to my phone but when I enter contacts on my phone and try to sync them to Outlook it doesn't work. I'll probably head to the Verizon store and see if they can help.

0 Likes
snatr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having a problem with syncing myself. We just switched over to digital voice on the home phone, and I wanted to set it up with outlook 2003 I have running. The sync software installs fine, but when I try to syncronize it pops up a window where I have to do a setup. At that point it crashes, and tells me to report it to Microsoft.

I talked to support about it, but they seem to think that it's a service that will be going away. They thought the replacement for it will be to use Verzion Call Assistant. Which does not seem to work very well. Or have the abillity to sync with outlook.

Anybody with info?

0 Likes