Copper Vs. Fios Phone service
frustratedhmwkr

I am a home worker and have been for the last 15 years. My work requires me to use only the copper/pots service line to take phone calls for my employer. I had this setup originally as my only verizon service. About 10 months ago, being fed up with missing too much time from work with connectivity issues, I switched to Verizon Fios internet 25/25 mpbs. I also added Fios TV and switched my home phoneline. Now do to my work requires me to have a copper/pots phoneline, I repeatedly asked to verify that my workline would NOT change. I was reassured over and over again that it would remain the same. I even asked the installer as he was connecting everything. I was looking forward to having the 25/25 speeds and figured that would resolve my internet issues. It did and I was happy that my internet problems were resolved! Unfortunately, we resolved one problem to create another. I noticed that the volume and sound quality on my calls had changed and before I could get to the bottom of the issue (missing more time from work) I was fired. This was June, 2011.  I have again found home work and begun training last November, 2011. I was to finish training and start taking live calls on the 5th of December. One of the conditions of my employment  was to verify to my employer that I had a pots phone line, which Verizon provided to me in a letter they sent out confirming to my employer that such was the case. As part training we were being monitored on live phone calls by my trainer. After listening on several of those calls, he noticed I was sounding as if I was speaking through a tunnel or sounded sick. He had me report this issue to our own tech support to verify that my equipment was working properly. We did several tests and after replacing several pieces of my equipment, it was determinded that the issue was some where with my phone provider. The  equipment replacement took 3 weeks to get to this determination.  I have made several calls to get one technician out to check the lines and verizons tests and tech say that everything is in working order. On the call following his visit, I just by chance asked to verify again that my phone is 100% copper/pots line service. Guess what I was told, NO. I have fiber optic cable from my home phoneline into verizions hub then from there its copper.  Disappointed and frustrated that all my assurances in the begining were for not. I said ok can I get it switched back. One supervisor, after he said he checked with the Regional Manager, set it up for me to be switched back. When the day before the switch back was to happen, I called just to verify things were setup, I was told I can't have Fios tv and internet with a copper/pots phoneline.  So I called  the other internet/tv provider and reconnected my internet and tv with them. I then called back to re-submit the request for the switch back to copper/pots and was told verizon refused to do so. I am now very close to losing this position with my current employer as well as any other employer in the future. Without the copper/pots phone line homework is completely out of the queswtion, and as that is the only work I am capable of this will effectively end any employment I hope to have until I reach retirement age or social secutiry eligiblity.

0 Likes
Re: Copper Vs. Fios Phone service
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

frustratedhmwkr,

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
frustratedhmwkr,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
frustratedhmwkr

Thanks for replying, a Supervisor is looking into this for me and I expect a resolution within 24 to 48 hours.

0 Likes