Copper wire outage - no dial tone
NoFiosHere

Verizon does not offer Fios in our area so we still have copper wires.  As it happens every few months, we have no dial tone.  And that's happened today - again..

Customer Service has suggested Voice Connect but I've seen online that is not supported anymore.  Is this currently still offered and supported by Verizon?  Any other suggestions from those with copper wires on what to do when we lose phone access?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Copper wire outage - no dial tone
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can't hurt to try out the Voice Connect to to see if it works. If it works that's great. If not then you can use a VoIP service with your existing internet connection. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voice connect may be an option. Voice connect does use the cellular tower for service. If you have bad cell service in your house the Voice connect will not work. 

Do you use Cable company for internet? You can look into a VoIP service like Magic Jack, Vonage, or Ooma

NoFiosHere

Thank you; I don't have internet with Verizon and Fios is not offered in our area.

I've been advised now that Voice Connect is for local calls only, which was not mentioned on the phone yesterday.

I'm dismayed that Verizon continues to charge what it does for non working services and wiring they no longer support.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can't hurt to try out the Voice Connect to to see if it works. If it works that's great. If not then you can use a VoIP service with your existing internet connection.