Credit for Fios Technical problems
smknapp

On 2-19-13 I switched from Time Warner cable to Verizon Fios (Digital Voice, Prime HD, Internet 50/25).  By the end of the day of install everything was working except I would get a busy signal when I tried to my a phone call. The technician knew of the problem and said that the IT people would fix that problem by the end of the day.  The problem did not get fixed.  After hours and hours on hold with Verizon and mulitple trouble shooting sessions with Verizon technicians over the phone, Verizon finally sent a technician (8 days later) back to my house to fix the problem.  I had to leave work early to meet up with the tech.  The technician said that the problem was definitely on their end and was most likely a faulty OT box.  He said that they would send another technician to my house to install a new box the following day.  So the next day I left work early to meet the technician who would install a new OT box.  The new box did not fix the problem. I spent the next four days troubleshooting the problem with techs over the phone.  On 3-4-13 a tech called me at work and told me the phone should be working.  I once again left work so I could verify that the fix had occurred.  It was not fixed.  That evening a fourth tech came to my home to run the exact same tests that were run the following week.  The results came up negative just as he and I knew it would.  Much later that night an IT guy called and told me that the problem might be fixed.  I tested the line and it finally worked.  He told me that there was some kind of programming glitch that was causing the problem.  At every step of the way, I was told that Verizon would reimburse me for the problems and that the Billing department would credit me.

Last night I called to get credited on my account and explained what I had gone through.  The Verizon employee offered me a $30 credit.  I told him that they would have to do better than that, after all I left work early on  4 different occasions to let technicians into my home, I had spent several hours on hold with Verizon, I troubleshooted with Verizon IT workers on at least 10 different occasions, I was told the problems were fixed when they weren't multiple times and all the while I couldn't even make a phone call to dial 911. The Verizon employee then offered me $50.  I told him that still would not cover the problem.  I asked to speak to his manager.  He told me that the manager was very busy and that I may have to hold for 45 minutes.  I told him that I would hold.  After 30 minutes of being on hold they hung up on me. 

I'm would like to know who to contact to discuss the problems I have put up with. 

0 Likes
Re: Credit for Fios Technical problems
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

smknapp,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes