Customer service is seriously lacking
eppek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I reported the fact that I have no ability to receive calls on a Tuesday.  They are disconnected or a message comes on that says all circuits are busy.  I have a medical emergency on the line.  I was promised a technician to come out in two days.  They bumped me to Friday.  I took off work on Friday, was bumped to Saturday (only I found this out after calling at 4pm to check on the status).  Was bumped to Sunday at 515pm on Saturday.  On Sunday was told that I was number 5 on the list and that they would be there.  At 6pm no technician and was told that I was bumped to Monday between the hours of 8am and 830pm.  I can't even get anyone on the phone tree (Verizon's lovely version of customer support) and so I contacted my lawyer who intends to look into why a land line with a medical emergency is bumped four times.  I finally reached someone who sarcastically told me that due to the storm ( Hurricane Irene!!) there was a high volume of calls and tech support was very busy.  You have got to be kidding me Verizon!!  Comcast -- you're looking mighty good to me now!

Anyone who hates Verizon's supposed "customer support" reply here......

Re: Customer service is seriously lacking
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've copied your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible.

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Forums!

KaLin

jerseyturtle
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is no wonder people are dropping their landlines.  I lost phone service over the weekend and called them this morning.  The earliest a technician can come out is next Monday October 3rd.  Thank god for cell phones and mine IS NOT Verizon.  What a disgrace.

I guess I should be thankful my internet service is working.  Let's hope it continues to work all week.

johnbull1
Enthusiast - Level 1

AAAAAGH - I agree. I logged a service issue (i.e. the issue being that my phone doesn't work) last Saturday, September 24. I confirmed an appointment for today Wednesday September 28 between 8am and 7pm (what happened to morning or afternoon?). On Sunday I got a text message saying  that a technician was coming by that day, why I don't know but great.. except then the technician didn't turn up anyway, even though I was in all day... Today I wait for the technician - I called 4 times to confirm that the appointment was confirmed - it was. At 6pm, I called and this time to speak to a representative. After an 18 minute wait on-hold, I was told that the technician was still on their way. OK.. I just want my land-line back, I can be patient a bit longer (although patience wearing thin as I have waiting since 8am). At just before 7pm, I called again as no technician had arrived, now I was suddenly offered an appointment on OCTOBER 12TH, I tried to speak to a customer representative, however then the automated  message stated that this number is not taking calls and I was just cut off.  Nothing further, no apology for customer service now being closed for the day (personally I expect 24 hour service), nothing, just the line going dead. How is any of this considered meeting even the most minimum of  service standards? And let me just mention, I don't live in a far and remote location - I am in the middle of Manhattan, my apartment can't be easier to get to - except it doesn't have a doorman which means that one of us have to take a day off work to be here to let the technician in .... very, very frustrating and inconvenient. It makes me want to discontinue my landline altogether (and forget about having any other Verizon services - it makes me shudder to think about the problems that would cause us). Any suggestions - please?

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi johnbull

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
karstyhr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Installation is incomplete. My DVD is unavailable. Program (channel) guide for FIOS is unavailable on my computer. My requests for an installer to come to complete the installation has not reached the right person. Your field sales agent only  attempts to get an installer appointment after the close of normal business hours. He's called many times since Sept 21 but can't get through after normal hours. My calls leave me on hold for up to 30 minutes. I'm in my eighties and consider this ELDER ABUSE!!!

{edited for privacy}

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi karstyhr

We apologize for your difficulties in reaching the appropriate department. I have noted your issue and you will be contacted by a Verizon agent who can offer assistance.

0 Likes
jerseyturtle
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem was resolved by Tuesday morning.  I don't know why I was told it couldn't be fixed till October 3rd.  If we were able to talk to real people instead of dealing with recordings things would problably be easier to resolve. 

0 Likes
jerseyturtle
Enthusiast - Level 2

My DSL continued to work while the land line was out.  The technician who came out said this is common.  Hopefullly, your service will be done as quickly as mine.  They came out the day after I called, not a week later, which was the scheduled date.  I agree that the number you have to call for service is as good as no customer service.

They obviously don't know the schedule for the areas you call from if the trucks can come out the next day, not the next week.  I think it is because everything is automated when you call for service.

0 Likes
Awilllis

Yep - there is no real customer service.  Cannot get through by phone to report a landline down.  The recording mentions making a report via internet.  Everybody doesn't have internet!  

My problem is really my 80 yr old father's problem.  He has no dial tone on his phone.  He tried calling Verizon and was on the phone for an hour going through the phone trees and being on hold - then he was cut off.  He doesn't have internet so I reported it via internet for him.  

Verizon scheduled repairman for Oct 3 (4 days later).  You guessed it - no repair man showed and no contact from Verizon.  My father doesn't understand....he hasn't had a problem since the good old days when you called for repair, somebody answered the phone and a repairman was sent out by the next day at the latest - and somebody actually came out in person!  Nowadays you need several free days just to get through to Verizon and wait around for repair. 

0 Likes