DIal-tone but Phone Doesn't Ring
Johnsotn8331

Just got FIOS (Phone, Internet, TV).  EVerything great except phone doesn't ring.  I can see it on my caller ID during a test and can answer it, it just doesn't ring.  VERY dissapointed with service since Friday's install.  They basically left the problem and then didn't get a call back until 6PM the following day.  Now I have to take yet another day off for Verizon to come out and tell me its still their switch and it will be even longer before they figure it out.  First in neighborhood to get FIOS so its not looking good to my neighbors.  Not an incentive to "jump the TW ship".

0 Likes
Re: DIal-tone but Phone Doesn't Ring
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

Johnsotn8331 , Sorry to hear that! And I know these next couple of questions might sound silly, but bare w/ them! Is this happing on multiple phones or just 1? If multiple are they all the same model phones? The ringer is on & up? I know they are silly hang in there? Have we tried a different phone outlet for kicks? Or if you have multiple phones unplug them all & start by pluging in 1 @ a time see if it rings if not unplug & try w/ the rest of the phones. Thanks lets us know then we will go from there. Brett

0 Likes
Re: DIal-tone but Phone Doesn't Ring
RJ_F

(I have checked all connections, power outlet and phone jack, still having problem)

My phone is just the regular verizon home phone (regular hardline) and I am experiencing the same problem. If I call in via my cell phone, and wait for the tone indicating the home phone is ringing, then answer the home phone, the call connects; however, neither the phone nor the answering base ring. As stated above I can call it from cell, if I let it go, however, the answering machine will not answer the call, even though the ringers are set to high/on , and the answering machine is set to answer calls after 4 rings. please help

0 Likes