Dialing local area code with new digital voice?
foureyes64
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I just had Verizon phone/tv/internet installed 2 days ago.  I have FIOS digital voice and I have to dial my area code to make all local calls.  I'm told this service is 6 months new and that I will see a nearly $10 savings in government charges and taxes from other FIOS telephone customers. 

Anyone out there have digital voice and knows someone who has regular FIOS voice and compared bills yet? Curious since it would be a couple of months before I know the exact savings.  I hear the first bill is will be different than the rest.

0 Likes
Re: Dialing local area code with new digital voice?
fordguy1

why do I have to dial the area code for local calls I just updated my service to a two year contract to receive discounts and starting today I have to dial the are code to make local calls I don"t remember reading about this

0 Likes
RayF2

Mine was just installed today and I have the same problem.  You posted on 2/27 and have no posted solutions.  Did you get this resolved?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@RayF wrote:

Mine was just installed today and I have the same problem.  You posted on 2/27 and have no posted solutions.  Did you get this resolved?

The "solution" is to dial 10 digits. Period. What is the big deal? I have had to dial 10 digits for 15 or 20 years, starting with my original POTS service and now with Digital Voice.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes