Digital Voice, Intermittent Problems, No Dial Tone, Phone Doesn't Ring
fastKitty

This happens to our phone at least once a month over the last few months.  We had a tech come to our house and he  checked diagnosics from the 24 hours prior to the event and said he saw a code that he doesn't understand.   Told us our inside wiring is as clean as it comes...    Replaced the box and about 2-3 weeks, happening again.

Incoming calls go straight to voice mail and never ring or ring and we hearing nothing.  We get dial tone but outgoing calls don't go through.  Sometimes don't ring at other line and sometimes only ring AFTER we hang up (such as we've observed dialing our own cell phone).

Internet and TV fine while all this hapening.

I can go online and run the troubleshoot and that always reports that it found an error but then resets the box so that clears it.

Our tech said he needs to see it while it's happening.   It happened today but not a lot of good it did because we called VZ from our cell and of course before we could reach a real person to send someone out, the automated system ran the trouble shooter so even before we got the option to speak to a real person to resend the tech out to observe it in action,  line was back.

Aparently no way to get this fixed because impossible to get someone out here while it's happening to try to figure out why it's happening.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Digital Voice, Intermittent Problems, No Dial Tone, Phone Doesn't Ring
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem description seems to indicate that the problem is not within the house as the ONT has been replaced and the problem returns. Cable TV and Internet are fine.

One trick that I've used to reach Verizon's Customer Service is to call Verizon Sales, explain to the rep that I need to speak to repair and have the rep transfer me over. I think that Verizon Customer Service can also be reached via DSLReports and Facebook.

When the problem occurs....if it hasn't been tried....can a telephone be plugged directly into the telephone port on the ONT to see if the problem still exists? 🤔

View solution in original post

Re: Digital Voice, Intermittent Problems, No Dial Tone, Phone Doesn't Ring
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem description seems to indicate that the problem is not within the house as the ONT has been replaced and the problem returns. Cable TV and Internet are fine.

One trick that I've used to reach Verizon's Customer Service is to call Verizon Sales, explain to the rep that I need to speak to repair and have the rep transfer me over. I think that Verizon Customer Service can also be reached via DSLReports and Facebook.

When the problem occurs....if it hasn't been tried....can a telephone be plugged directly into the telephone port on the ONT to see if the problem still exists? 🤔