Digital Voice and POTS
prisaz
Legend

Can a second line be added as digital voice while keeping your first line as is?

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice and POTS
VZ_Dwayzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is the 1st line copper or a POTS verison of Fios Voice?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@VZ_Dwayzo wrote:

Is the 1st line copper or a POTS version of Fios Voice?

Pots version of FiOS Voice, so I suspect the ONT will not run both. I have a good bundle with a discount. When I signed up for Ultimate I had the original ONT 610 and it would not support Digital Voice, but a week later it was changed out to the 612 for speed issues. Now it will support Digital Voice. I was told that if I changed to Digital Voice, I would have to change my bundle yet again, and lose the discount. My discount was applied to the voice by the retention department.

So I was considering a second line. Vonage or DV.

0 Likes
VZ_Dwayzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

When we got Digital Voice Training, they did mention that there would be a version of Fios Digital Voice that would have a modem just like vonyage... that might be somthing to ask sales about. I don't know if that has been implamented or not and we were told that customers would have to ask about it.   Its just like vonyage, you can take that modem wherever you go.  I don't want to say for sure these are in circulation or not, cause I have yet to see one in the field. Tho like I said they are pushing the standard one that is handled by the ONT, so its possibly thats why.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@VZ_Dwayzo wrote:

When we got Digital Voice Training, they did mention that there would be a version of Fios Digital Voice that would have a modem just like vonyage... that might be somthing to ask sales about. I don't know if that has been implamented or not and we were told that customers would have to ask about it.   Its just like vonyage, you can take that modem wherever you go.  I don't want to say for sure these are in circulation or not, cause I have yet to see one in the field. Tho like I said they are pushing the standard one that is handled by the ONT, so its possibly thats why.

I think they had that at one time with a different name. It was discontinued and Digital Voice was launched. It was called VoiceWing if I remember correctly. I am almost sure the service was dropped and Digital Voice runs with SIP in the ONT. My question was can the ONT run both? I would like to perhaps add digital voice without messing with my current bundle agreement or have a chance to try it before I make a long term commitment. Like other VOIP providers where you have 30days and can disconnect it. I like what I have but DV has more options, but they are no good if they break what I have.

0 Likes
VZ_Dwayzo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes its possible to have a copper line and fios, no I dont think you can have fios voice and fios voip service.

0 Likes