Digital Voice installation question
fambaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Community,

As an existing FIOS customer is there any installation required for Digital Voice if I already have Verizon phone service?

Also, does anyone know if ADT is set for 10 digit dialing?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice installation question
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@fambaus wrote:

... As an existing FIOS customer is there any installation required for Digital Voice if I already have Verizon phone service? ... Also, does anyone know if ADT is set for 10 digit dialing?

Specifically, what is your current package?  Which FiOS services are currently installed?  Also, which specific "Verizon phone" service is now installed?

Next, are you using an RJ31x connection for ADT, or something else (e.g., Internet connection, etc.)?

The transfer of service will depend on your current hardware and telco layout.

tns
Master - Level 2

If your current phone is already connected to the ont, then no actual install is neeeded.  Most of the time with FIOS installs this is what was done.

fambaus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I already have FiOS TV and Internet I tought this process wouldn't require an actual visit from a Verizon tech.

Now I can only hope that my alarm system isn't tripped at 3 AM. That would make for one unhappy wife!!

Thanks for the information.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@fambaus wrote:

Since I already have FiOS TV and Internet I tought this process wouldn't require an actual visit from a Verizon tech ...  

Now I can only hope that my alarm system isn't tripped at 3 AM ...

As "tns" noted, you probably don't need a tech for this change and you can just have your existing line ported over to VZ Digital Voice.  This means your telco service will need a little re-wiring, and that's why I asked about the RJ31x.  This is the little box that allows your alarm system to seize the line when it becomes necessary to alert your alarm monitoring company.  If needed, I can provide some very specific links for this process.  At the same time, you may already have a service company that handles your alarm, and they can make the change (often at no charge)  Please feel free to ask if more detail is required..

0 Likes