Digital Voice - voice quality intermittent
robnbill

Had FIOS all packages for Some time.  DV has always been of a very high quality - incoming and outgoing voice calls. Recently, not exactly sure when it started, the voice on my end has been distorted - almost as if packets are being dropped. Went thru all inside wiring trouble shooting. Disconnected all attached phones.  Used a corded phone.  Premained emails. 

Opened the ONT box and plugged in a phone. First time the distortion was there.  Second test it was ok. 

Tech visit is scheduled a couple of days from now. I'm concerned that it will work fine when they visit. Still intermittent today. 

Anyone have an idea what may be causing this?

By getting it on the ONT test jack, I know it's not my inside wiring.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice - voice quality intermittent - CHOPPY > Update 1
robnbill

A Verizon tech is on his way today (Sat 11/10) and we'll see where it goes.

I should have used the word choppy to describe how the voice sounds on my end when it's acting up.  It's not noise or static.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice - voice quality intermittent - CHOPPY > Update 1
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We're glad everything is back working correct. Anytime you need assistance with your service please make a new post.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice - voice quality intermittent
vzuser-nojokes

I have the same issue.  People compain about the dropped voice packages consistantly. do no know wht to do with it.

0 Likes
Re: Digital Voice - voice quality intermittent
FIOSVoice

Our FIOS incoming telephone calls are choppy.

Verizon 5 technicians have been to our house but the problem remains unsolved.

They changed the ONT and checked everything but found nothing.

Obviusly there is a loss of packets but the technicians know nothing about packets.

Verizon is deaf. They don't want to listen.

Some other people experienced the same problem.

Does anyone know the solution?

Naresh

0 Likes