Directory assistance calls
lawyer13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched from Comcast to Verizon two years ago.  Since switching to Verzon,  I am continually billed for directory assistance calls that are not being made from this phone.  It is normally two or three a month.  I must argue every month with customer service personnel to adjust the bill.  Now they tell me it will not be credited again.  Guess I need to switch back to Comcast.  Smameis other than this problem I liked the service.

Re: Directory assistance calls
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you on this issue, if you require further assistance please let us know.

Josh

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you.

^Matthew

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lawyer13,

Your private support case has been reopened.  Please access your case by following the instructions posted above.  The support agents need to hear from you in the private area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lawyer13,

Havening addressed your concerns with charges on the account and not heard from you since then, as such we are closing your Private Support Case. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
kwills01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for over a year now. Over the last several months I have been charged over $300 on "directory assistance calls" that i have disputed and never made! I do not even need the phone in my home. It is unplugged and we are still being charged for these calls. When they sent someone out to investigate the phone, nothing was reported and i was again charged $75 for the service call.  I was reimbursed for $24 but not the entire amount for the directory assistance calls. How that is possible i have no idea! I have spent countless hours on the phone trying to get these charges removed. I recently made a breakthrough and was told i would be given vouchers to account for these ridiculous charges. I was told it would take a couple days to show up in my account. Turns out I was lied to...again. Now i have to wait another hour trying to speak with a human on the phone who i have to explain this situation all over again. I am looking for any advice or help. This is not a new problem with Verizon. I am aware a woman in pennsylvania went before a judge because of these charges. Is there something in place within verizon since this is a reoccuring problem. If so, i would really appreciate someone who could help.  

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kwills01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
GJP2

Since my 8/22/14 bill I have been getting charged for Directory Assistance that we have NOT requested.  I have written a letter (11/15/14 that probably went no where) and I’ve called customer service three (3) times speaking with {edited for privacy} (11/15/14), {edited for privacy} (12/3/14), and Derrick (1/2/15-lost the call on his end and he never called me back).  I was informed my inquiry was being forwarded to ‘Fiber Solutions Centers’, but I’ve yet to hear from them.  I have no intension of paying these charges.  At this time, if nothing is resolve, I plan to drop Verizon at the end on my contract.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes