Do not Disturb, doesn't work in real time.
frankenheim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've set Do not Disturb schedule several times over the week. Also had discussion with tech support verifying I was doing everything correctly. The system will not stay with the schedule for the day. It simply blocks all incoming calls when its activated, 24 hours. 

I had set it to block 7-9am daily but when you check call log it clearly shows calls blocked all day. 

I've seen this same issue with others on the community chat site, so there is clearly a system error issue. 

Please let someone at Verizon that can fix this issue know about the problem. 

Labels (1)
Re: Do not Disturb, doesn't work in real time.
budman1949
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem repeatedly - the forums are filled with similar comments - there is clearly a problem and it would appear Verizon doesn't care enough to fix it.   

@frankenheim wrote:

I've set Do not Disturb schedule several times over the week. Also had discussion with tech support verifying I was doing everything correctly. The system will not stay with the schedule for the day. It simply blocks all incoming calls when its activated, 24 hours. 

I had set it to block 7-9am daily but when you check call log it clearly shows calls blocked all day. 

I've seen this same issue with others on the community chat site, so there is clearly a system error issue. 

Please let someone at Verizon that can fix this issue know about the problem. 

0 Likes
Tamrosskopf
Enthusiast - Level 1
I also have been trying to change the schedule of my DND settings and keep getting we are experience difficulties, try again in 1-2 minutes, this has been for several months now. I can't stand it. Like you, blocks all day!!!
0 Likes
Re: Do not Disturb - Avoid This "Feature"
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Tamrosskopf wrote:
I also have been trying to change the schedule of my DND settings and keep getting we are experience difficulties, try again in 1-2 minutes, this has been for several months now. I can't stand it. Like you, blocks all day!!!

My experience is that this "feature" should be avoided at all costs.  I initially set it to control calls overnight, but somehow no matter what options I chose, the system started sending all calls to voicemail.  Eventually I gave up, and so far I have not heard of any user who has been able to get DND to perform properly.

Not ready for prime time.

0 Likes
Re: Do not Disturb - Avoid This "Feature"
mccunney
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still another user with the same problem.

I tried setting Do Not Disturb from 10PM to 9AM (except for listed immediate family) on a recurring schedule.  Instead, ALL calls are blocked ALL the time.

I submitted a trouble ticket on this issue and am still awaiting resolution.  At no time was I informed that this is a system wide problem impacting many, if not all users.

0 Likes
DavidNYC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Count me in too.  Spent an hour with a tech with no success.  Like others, I wanted DND overnight (lots of wrong numbers coming in)  It had worked for me for a period of time in the past, then I just realized recently I wasnt receiving any calls at any time.  I received a message from a Fios tech saying "that feature has never really worked right".  I'm irked that if that is the case, STOP PUTTING THE FEATURE ON YOUR WEBSITE!  Also, this problem should be readily available to support techs (instead of them saying my phone must be the problem)

Nothing but anger for VRZN right now.  Between this, their twitchy mobile apps, and the horrible menus/online channel guide, I cant wait for my contract to be over.  I had relatively good service with TimeWarner but was lured into FIOS by a special.  Big mistake, that I regret deeply.