Does Verizon block us from calling them?
Shirley4
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are very frustrated with telemarketing calls. We attempted to remove ourselves from the Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) but it was impossible to do. So we called Verizon. We got very upset with the customer service person because she did not do anything to help. The woman said things like we must renew our Do Not Call Registry, which is not accurate.

Either it is impossible to enter the information properly for removal from the CPNI or we were entering the incorrect account number. So I tried to call Verizon again and I cannot get through to a live operator. I keep going in circles. I finally get to the point where the automated voice says she is connecting me with an operator but then I go back to the top of the menu. Is it possible for Verizon to block a customer from getting through to a live person?

I am not sure whether removal from the CPNI will have any affect on all the telemarketing calls, but we want to try that. I enter our phone number and the 18-digit account number at the top of our bill but the automated operator keeps saying the information is incorrect.

0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon block us from calling them?
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Shirley,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes