Email notification about voice mail on home phone with digital voice
scabal

I had landline connection with verizon before shifting to digital voice.  With landline connection I used to receive email messages when somebody left a voice message on my home phone. For the new digital voice phone I do not know how to set up this option. Verizon FAQs does not provide any solutions.

0 Likes
Re: Email notification about voice mail on home phone with digital voice
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@scabal wrote:

I had landline connection with verizon before shifting to digital voice.  With landline connection I used to receive email messages when somebody left a voice message on my home phone. For the new digital voice phone I do not know how to set up this option. Verizon FAQs does not provide any solutions.

How right you are.  It is documented as being there in the advertised features list but the documentation on how to set up the various calling features has no mention of it whatsoever.

0 Likes
Re: Email notification about voice mail on home phone with digital voice
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's done in Verizon Call Assistant.  Once you have vca installed and active you can log in to the vca page for your account and there is a selection under what's new at bottom right that says get email notification of who called.  pressing check it out takes you to the email alerts setting page where you can set the default email address to receive notifications.  I'm not sure that this is the one that send you a recording of the voicemail too.

It may work as this thread just appeared from someone who is getting the email, albeit the wrong address

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Home-Phone-Landline-or-Digital/EMAIL-ALERTS-FROM-FIOSADMIN-VERIZON-COM/...

however it also appear to be the wrong sender.  You may want to query him on that thread as to how he set it up as that may be the service you area looking for.

0 Likes