Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
FDV do not disturb
nb1234
Newbie

With the "do not disturb" feature it says you can create an "exception list" so certain callers can still get through while the feature is active.  Does anyone know how to add numbers to the exception list - I do not see an option in the do not disturb menu for this.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: FDV do not disturb
ohpoleez
Contributor

When you select  "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting"  it should open up a section for you to enter the phone numbers that you want to allow to ring through.  It maxes out at 10 numbers.

0 Likes
Re: FDV do not disturb
nb1234
Newbie

@ohpoleez wrote:

When you select  "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting"  it should open up a section for you to enter the phone numbers that you want to allow to ring through.  It maxes out at 10 numbers.


I do see that with that option but how about for the "Forward them to VoiceMail" option?  I take it that the exception list is only set up if you choose the ""Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting" option?  I wanted to set up DND at specific times to send calls to voice mail and still allow certain callers to get through but this does not appear possible with the way the feature is designed.

0 Likes
Re: FDV do not disturb
ohpoleez
Contributor

Hi nb1234,

Assuming you have the radio button for "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting" selected and a check mark next to the "Set Do Not Disturb according to a schedule",  you should be able to do both. 

0 Likes
Re: FDV do not disturb
nb1234
Newbie

@ohpoleez wrote:

Hi nb1234,

Assuming you have the radio button for "Play the system Do Not Disturb greeting" selected and a check mark next to the "Set Do Not Disturb according to a schedule",  you should be able to do both. 


I understand that this options exists, however, I would like to use DND to send calls to voice mail (not to the DND greeting) at certain times while allowing select callers to be able to get through still and there is no option to do this if I select the voice mail option.

0 Likes
Re: FDV do not disturb
mccunney
Enthusiast

@nb1234 wrote:
I would like to use DND to send calls to voice mail (not to the DND greeting) at certain times while allowing select callers to be able to get through still and there is no option to do this if I select the voice mail option.

I also want this rather obvious ability in Do Not Disturb - let select numbers ring through and send everyone else to voicemail.

It is three years since the post above and this function is STILL not available.