FIOS Caller ID - Inconsistent
ITGuy

I switched to FIOS phone service from a traditional Verizon copper landline in June.   Since I switched, I frequently do not get caller ID info for incoming calls.  I would say it is at least 30 to 40 % of the time and very often with call waiting calls (when you most need the caller ID).  But it isn't only when I'm already on the phone.   When I had the regular Verizon landline I received caller ID 100% of the time and I had caller ID since it was made available (many, many years).  

What is different  about caller ID for FIOS and why is it so unreliable?    Or is this just me?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Caller ID - Inconsistent
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

When you say caller id doesn't work, does it display anything, does it just say incoming call, or no data, or display the wrong caller name?

0 Likes
ITGuy

It says only "incoming call".     And let me add that there is no pattern to the types of call that this happens to (out of area,  unavailable,  etc.)   This happens with calls from friends and family that normally does display.  

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

If you send me your phone number in a private message I can look into this for you

0 Likes